Monday, February 23, 2009

Squiggly drawings







For an assignment today I was asked to do a sketch of a bedroom.
For style inspiration I looked to Ludwig Bemelman's wonderful drawing of Miss Clavel in his Madeline book + the great 'room drawings' from the Clue game from the 1960s. Have always LOVED these!! (The illustrator is not credited unfortunately) With a slightly blobby line they remind me of Andy warhol's illustrations from the 1950s.
For content I found a photograph from Domino magazine of a stunning room with high ceilings, an elaborate fireplace and a pink daybed. Above is my squiggly interpretation of it. Lastly I combined some of my squiggly drawings with a photograph of Linda Rodin. I like the combo of the two mediums.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I wish I could draw. Great drawing.

Debbie Powell says hello said...

I love these alanna!