Thursday, May 21, 2009

Influences: Wallpaper Designer Tracy Kendall





Last night attended an evening with UK wallpaper designer Tracy Kendall. I've admired her work for several years - especially her fantastic cutlery series. Her enormous knife fork and spoons are so bold + beautiful and were a definite influence on me when I created my oversized book covers and scissors. They definitely fall under the category "Wish I thought of that first!

She is now moving into wall coverings with 3 dimensions. On display were several of her new designs including wonderful papers made of buttons and puzzle pieces. Must also be mentioned Tracy wore great argyle leggings and red shoes. Very 'quirky British'.

1 comment:

Shane Harrison said...

that wallpaper is too cute. i'd feel like a little mouse eating breakfast next to it!