Friday, November 23, 2012

New Penguin title: Down and Out in Paris + London

A George Orwell fan from St. John's NL requested a custom Penguin title last month: Down and Out in Paris and London. As I was working on it several folks commented that this title really resonated with them so I decided to do a complete edition.

 As with all my Penguin prints it measures 26" X 40" and is 795.00.
A few pics of the process below.
 Print with first orange layer.
Second layer with penguin and cartouche.
 Me with new screen.
 Test print.
 Getting inky.
Ta da!  The final pass is always so satisfying.
 Tea staining the print. (The jar of almonds is just holding down the paper) :-)
Complete and ready to ship to St. John's.

4 comments:

Designwali said...

gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

LOVE>

Tim said...

love the step-by-step process and that's the new book title I saw on saturday!! Totally feel like I'm reliving my happy moments of saturday when reading this fun post.

Thanks so much for meeting me at your studio Alanna! xoxo

Cynthia said...

Hi Alana!
Love your work! My daughter just did some silk screening in her gr.9 art class, and loved it. I told her about your fabulous work, which she may find inspiring. We are from Peterborough.
I would love one of your penquin posters, so gorgeous!!!

Cindy & Zoe